Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday Treat

Not too many interesting thoughts today. I have been reading an article for philosophy, talks about how important it is to think for yourself. Says that reading is good, but too much reading starves your own thinking process and you become a copy from others thoughts and ideas. So yeah, good idea to take a little time of the the day to just think for yourself.

I wanted a quick tasty treat for the evening. I made cake mix cookies. They don't taste like regular cookies, but they are still full of sugar and pretty good. Heres what I did:

1 package of cake mix ( I used a white cake mix )
2 eggs
1/3 cup of oil

Topping (optional)
1 tablespoon of white sugar
-or-
powdered sugar and cream cheese

Preheat oven to 350
Do not use all the cake mix unless you want dry cookies. Combine cake mix eggs and oil and mix until smooth. Roll dough into one inch balls and put on cookie sheet. Here you can roll the balls of dough in white sugar, this gives the cookies a nice finishing look and they taste a little sweeter.

Bake for 8-10 min but keep an eye on them after 9 min.

After cookies are cooled, you may top them with frosting made from powdered sugar and cream cheese.

A little undercooked at 7 min, but still tasty. I used strawberry cream cheese (only cream cheese I had in the fridge) Little different taste, but still pretty good.

2 comments:

  1. This blog thing is FRICKIN sweet! What a great idea! .... you've almost inspired me enough to get over my laziness to start one of my own ... but you know why I'm not willing to rededicate myself ... it's because google will never let me back after what i did .... sigh ...

    ReplyDelete